The English Teacher Connection Conference on June 12 at MSU will feature
- Sara Kajder (University of Pittsburgh), nationally known speaker and author of the 2012 Britton Award winning Adolescents' Digital Literacies: Learning Alongside Our Students, TheTech Savvy English Classroom, and Bringing the Outside In: Visual Ways of Engaging Reluctant Readers.
- Dr. Stergios Botzakis (University of Tennessee), author of Pretty in Print: Questioning Magazines
- Dr. George Ella Lyon, Kentucky poet, novelist, musician, activist, teacher, and literacy practitioner
Sessions are available on all strands of ELA, text complexity, college readiness, assessment and accountability.
Who should attend?
· Middle and high school ELA teachers
· Content-area teachers interested in the teaching of reading and writing
· P-12 administrators interested in strategies and tools for improving EXPLORE, K-PREP, PLAN, EOC, and ACT scores
· University faculty and administrators concerned with college and career readiness
For more information, view the evolving 2013 ETC Conference Wiki.
The conference is hosted by the MSU Secondary English Education Program and Department of English
Sponsored by the Kentucky Collaborative Center for Literacy Development, the MSU Center for Regional Engagement, and the MSU Center for Leadership and Professional Development with funding from the Unbridled Learning Grant